SOM-OFFICEOFMEDICALED-LIST Archives

An electronic community of medical educators.

SOM-OFFICEOFMEDICALED-LIST@LISTSERV.UMC.EDU

From:
"Wesley K. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2022 20:30:57 +0000
The School of Medicine would like to invite you to a student-led event entitled "Light the Night: An Observance of Remembrance and Hope" which will take place on March 2nd at 6pm in the SOM Courtyard. Since the beginning of the COVID 19 pandemic in early 2020, we have all experienced loss, grief, and many trials.  As the UMMC SOM was forced to begin virtual learning on March 2, 2020, we have chosen that date as a time of reflection.  Light the Night will be a time to remember our experiences over the past 2 years, mourn the loss of family/friends/patients, support our peers/colleagues, and celebrate our hopes for the future. There will be student speakers for the event in addition to participation from Linda McComb, our UMMC chaplain, as well as Dr. Woodward and Dr. Jackson.  Light refreshments will be provided.  We hope that you can join us for this unique and meaningful occasion.

Mike

Michael R. McMullan, MD
Professor of Medicine
Division Director, Cardiovascular Diseases
Associate Dean for Student Affairs, School of Medicine
University of Mississippi Medical Center
Jackson, MS 39216
(601) 984-5012

[cid:image001.png@01D828B8.4526BDD0]