Each year, the Office of Medical Education recognizes those faculty who have gone above and beyond in training future physicians for our state. The Trailblazer Teaching Award recognizes educators with a demonstrated record of innovating, engaging, and inspiring others through their service to School of Medicine students. We invite all member of the faculty to nominate themselves or their peers in recognition of excellence in medical education.

Nominees for the Trailblazer Teaching Award should:

  *   Utilize teaching innovations in lesson planning and design.
  *   Demonstrate the ability to engage, inspire, and mentor learners.
  *   Incorporate principles of adult learning to design learning opportunities.
  *   Engage in continuous educational quality improvement.
  *   Collaborate with other teachers to enrich the scholarship of teaching and learning.
  *   Assess mastery of content through the development of high-quality exam questions.
  *   Be recognized as an excellent teacher by their peers.

Any faculty member can submit a nomination here<https://forms.office.com/r/ZjsuFr6qCs>. The award committee will review all nominees and select one Trailblazer Teaching Award recipient as the Trailblazer of the Year award.

All nominations must be received by Thursday, November 30.

Thank you for your dedication to our students and the medical education program!

Brittany Ricker, Ed.D.
Instructional Designer
Office of Medical Education, School of Medicine
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39216
601-985-6419