Good afternoon,

Osmosis is providing our faculty free access to its "Fundamentals of Teaching and Learning in the Health Professions" program. Please see the information below and consider completing the program. Their resources have been invaluable to several of our students and faculty this past academic year, and I'm confident this program will be a valuable and beneficial experience.

CME Credits for Faculty

We are thrilled to offer the Osmosis "Fundamentals of Teaching and Learning in the Health Professions'' to our partner programs at no charge (regularly $199). This course offers 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM.

By the end of the course, participants will be able to:

·         Provide a definition of learning and describe a model that explains how learning happens.

·         Provide a definition of teaching and describe common activities of teachers in the health professions.

·         Describe five questions to ask when preparing for any teaching experience.

·         Identify six practical evidence-based methods to enhance learning and at least one way to use each when teaching.

·         Describe several effective approaches to teaching and learning in online environments.

To register, please click here: https://university.osmosis.org/p/new-fundamentals-of-teaching-and-learning-in-the-health-professions-cme-course , and use coupon code: FTLFREE.

Thank you,

Wesley Wilson

Wesley Wilson, EdD

Instructional Designer

Office of Medical Education, School of Medicine

University of Mississippi Medical Center

2500 North State Street

Jackson, MS 39216

(T) 601-984-1212

To unsubscribe from the SOM-OFFICEOFMEDICALED-LIST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.umc.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=SOM-OFFICEOFMEDICALED-LIST