Dear Faculty,

    As the academic year is quickly drawing to a close, the Office of Medical Education wants to extend a big thank you for your continued dedication to providing the best quality of education possible for the medical study body. The last two years have been extremely difficult, but with your commitment, our students have weathered these storms well. We do need to ask one more thing of you, I’m afraid. With the academic year ending, the Promotions Committee has already begun its meetings. These decisions have to be made quickly to allow students to move from one stage of training to the next.

  To that end, we ask that all faculty complete all clinical evaluations no later than Thursday, May 26. The clerkship directors rely on this data to make decisions about grades and so on up the line, and I’m sure they and the administrators will breathe a sigh of relief having them done by this time.

Again, many thanks to you,

David

David R. Norris, MD, MA, FAAFP

Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs

Professor of Family Medicine

University of Mississippi School of Medicine

Academic Office T: 601-984-5006 | F: 601-815-1861

Clinic T: 601-815-5700 | F: 601-815-5795

To unsubscribe from the SOM-OFFICEOFMEDICALED-LIST list, click the following link:
http://listserv.umc.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=SOM-OFFICEOFMEDICALED-LIST